Monday 1 December 2014

Purpose of the Pink Fixie blog

The purpose of the blog

To inspire positive action in ordinary people

Sometimes I think I am the most unlikely and unsuitable person to be a business owner. Sometimes other people tell me that too. In fact I can think of millions of reasons why I am very inappropriate for this role in life.. here are a few

I never studied business… actually I never really studied… (my sole claim to higher education being a brief run at a dance academy after high school, i which i spent most of my time avoiding classes and causing trouble)

I never had strong business minded mentors 

I never read a lot about business, accounting, finance or entrepreneurship

I am not especially organised or detailed in my day to day doings

I am not exceptionally skilled in any area, never won any awards (except a few self-appointed ones)

I am not an artist (as such are depicted now days)

I was not well connected with protective people or family influences (but I do have four brothers who are really, really tough)

I am not from a wealthy family, nor do I have any wealth of my own (at least not yet)

I am not a hard dealer, strict with finance or tough to bargain with

So what am I? I think I am pretty much ordinary in every way… with my one deep residing skill of persistence and deep determination, I am sincere and I want to make a difference in the world… I think almost everybody has these things .
If I can succeed in any small way, so can anyone else

So there you have it… I hope this blog inspires

Design of image by Sanja Andjelkovic

1 comment: