Friday 6 February 2015




The Say YES month is here…. This is a perfect time for everyone to take full advantage of me!!!
First I want to do a short recap on January, It was meant to be my month for working on organisation and business. It was definitely a business oriented month, and I did improve on certain organisational things, such as my work-out schedule. On the whole I don’t think I am really a lot more organised, but my business life does seem to be moving forward in many ways. I have realized also that I am totally different from the girl who wrote the happiness project… ha! Its very hard for me to think about writing down every little thing and creating so many charts, goals and lists. Never mind all of that, the most important thing is that I can stay focused on improvement and do my very best, after all I am trying to show myself what I can do… and not comparing with anyone else. Actually January has been a say YES month, as I have had so many new experiences and took the leap into some things that I really did not think I would be comfortable with, and it’s been great.

My first SAY YES in February was that I was offered the opportunity to go to learn Indian cooking at a friends house with his mother. I am so tired here and its hard to think of doing something productive at the end of a day at CE, but with my new resolution in my mind, I went along to learn (also Indian cooking is one of my passions… so Its not so hard) It was not only a great learning experience, but I also connected super well with my Indian cooking instructor, and had some great talks.
My second SAY YES achievement was that I went bouldering with my friend, climbing up walls with random rocky holds is very arm strengthening. When she invited me, I knew it was a perfect SAY YES moment and went ahead and did it, so glad I did.
One cool thing about doing SAY YES things is that you get to connect with people who you wouldn’t normally meet or hang out with. The two activities that I did made me some new friends and both led to really interesting and deep conversations.


I think this year I am re-connecting with my old tender self, I seem to be getting more and more emotional in both directions. I haven’t for so long felt real sympathy and compassion for problems in the world and other people’s difficulties, recently I have been feeling so moved by each and every moment that is happening, its kind of like my life has been brought into colour. I also have found everything much more funny and relaxing, everything is making me laugh and my friends are bringing me so much joy, I can definitely take more of that and want to stay in this place. I feel its better to be emotional, I cannot stand the feeling that I cannot feel anything, it feels like I am pretty much dead. Last year was so much of feeling nothing that I am enjoying the deep emotions and powerful feelings that have come at me. 
Alll that to say, February is here, I will be trying as many new experiences as come my way, I will be saying YES to love in every form and fighting for improvement. That's all for now



No comments:

Post a Comment