Saturday 12 November 2016

I know its too soon to write another post, but because every single day is sooo freaking long and full i feel that if i do not write it down it will be forgotten with the highs and lows of the next day.
So here we go.
Preparation for my little cycling adventure is full underway. As i do not have bicycle bags, i must strap my backpack to my bike. I soon realise i have brought too many things to do this task properly. I did not bring many things, but i had some winter clothes on when i left Austria and now those must be left behind. I put them in a bag and leave a note for Tom at the hostel.. he loves me a lot so maybe hr brings them for me, otherwise i will arrive in the UK next month in shorts and a Hawaiian t-shirt, i am OK with this.
My hosts here are just lovely. They try to help me to get ready in every way they can. They help me try to strap the bag on the back of the bike and offer to ride with me a little tomorrow morning to find the start of the right road.. that's a good thing, because this girl went the wrong way around the race track once and i have seen that getting lost is something i do.
I did my laundry in their little open kitchen, its so cute. I washed everything by hand and hang it to dry for tomorrow. There is something so beautiful in simple tasks that you complete with love and care. I enjoy everything i do these days, i want to appreciate each moment.
I also took the bike for a test drive and had 3 tasks to complete on my outing... i wanted to buy some food, painkillers and cigarettes. Everything looked really the same and i got a bit confused. I started to doubt my abilities to figure out this country. However i persisted, i first found the cigarettes (first things first) Then asked someone where to buy Pad Thai.. which has been my go-to food, as its vegetarian and delicious. The dude helped me out by pointing to the street stand i had passed moments earlier. I still couldn't find the medicine shop, but 2 out of 3 was good enough for me. On my way cycling around i was totally oblivious of my money slipping out of my pocket... the kindly chap at the coconut stand waved me to a halt and brought my attention to the misdemeanour with much passion. How honest and kind can you get? I also wanted to tip the lady at the Pad Thai stand... when i tried to give her more money.. she refused with absolute pride... no way was i treating her like that. She grinned at me and shook her head 'NO NO NO' she said, waving me away. You gotta have some respect for people that are so poor and yet do not want to take anything at all from you, only what is fair and right in their eyes. People of Thailand are polite and shy, they are honest and so far i have had only good experience with them.
So tomorrow i start cycling, lets see how that goes 

No comments:

Post a Comment